TERMS OF EXTENSION
IMPORTANT POLICY CONDITIONS
- Enrollment is not automatic; an enrollment application must be completed by January 31, 2021.
- You must be currently enrolled in both the Student Health Fee and the Student Health Insurance Plan for Fall 2020 to purchase the extension. The extension is sold as a six-month (02/01/2021-07/31/2021) block of coverage only and includes both the Student Health Fee and the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- You may add dependents only if they are enrolled in your Fall 2020 health plan, unless they experience a life-changing event.
- Payment must be made online by January 31, 2021 before your coverage will be activated; if payment is not made, your application will be voided. In the event that your payment is initially processed and then does not clear, HUSHP reserves the right to void your application.
- Cancellations will only be accepted through midnight on January 31, 2021; however, we will offer a one-time opportunity to cancel the extension at the three-month mark for the coverage period of 05/01/2021-07/31/2021 (for a three-month refund); cancellation information will be communicated via email to enrolled subscribers in April.
- This is not your only option; you can explore additional health plans via the Massachusetts Health Connector and HealthCare.gov.
- This is a one-time extension; you will be responsible for securing other health coverage when the extension terminates on 07/31/2021. This extension does not apply to the optional student dental plan.